#1 Mendes Nabil

Mendes Nabil
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Director
  • Paris

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:56 AM

Hello all! I just bought a Beaulieu 5008 that i have not tested yet because of the dead batteries, and i have two questions:

-While i watch through the viewfinder, i can see the orange filter in pieces, it appears as a tiny black smudge or a clear orange filter depending on the position of the camera, and some other time the viewfinder is clear. I tried to activate the filter button but obviously the filter is detached, so how can i remove it from the camera? I've found some tutorials for Beaulieu 4008 but nothing for the Beaulieu 5008..

-The camera is probably dead and if it is the case, i will buy an other body and keep the lens that came with it (Angenieux 6-80 1.2), can someone tell me how to remove it from the camera?

I unscrewed the trigger first and then the lens block, which liberated it (i can now rotate the whole block), but i did not find a way to detach it from the camera body..

Also, some screws on the lens are rusted, so i'm thinking of removing them and put some brand new ones, is that something you would advice me to do? I don't like having rusted screws, and the optic is in a really perfect condition..

Thank you all!

#2 Mendes Nabil

Mendes Nabil
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Director
  • Paris

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:43 AM

I just figured it out thanks to Bjorn Andersonn, Thank you again Bjorn!

I have two last questions: 

-Does someone know where can i get a cheap charger for that camera? I'm using the original batteries (not recelled)..

Here is a thread that talks about chargers for the 5008: http://www.filmshoot....php?f=1&t=9488

Can someone tell me where can i get one for cheap?

-If i put an Angenieux 6-80 on a 5008 Beaulieu that used a Schneider 6-66, will i have to readjust something or will it work right after i put it?

Thank you all!

Edited by Mendes Nabil, 07 December 2017 - 08:55 AM.

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks

CineTape

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Tai Audio

CineLab

Wooden Camera