#1 Sava Silin

Sava Silin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Director
  • Ukraine

Posted 07 March 2018 - 11:28 AM

I went on arri website and It seems that there are tons of various accessories for Alexa mini. Could someone give example of things that I definitely must buy along with the camera if I plan to shoot movies? 

I know there are different things for different purposes, but anyway) 

#2 Chris Steel

Chris Steel
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • London

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:24 PM

The suggested kits from Arri PCA are decent

The complete list of bits is pretty daunting.

I'd suggest 2x Map-2 , 2x MSB-1 , MVB-1 , Viewfinder ,  a few lengths of 15mm Rods , and a battery plate as a minimum for essential metal work.

A small usb is good. I have a micro SD card with a small usb adapter and a regular SD adapter for going between a WCU-4 and the mini.

A 19mm BP-8 plate and dovetail would be useful but not essential

at least 4 128gb CF cards + reader

The standard rig from tilta is also pretty good. Other manufacturers seem to have similar options but I don't have much experience with those.

There are a lot of options depending on your needs, shop around. Call dealers and ask questions.
Rent the camera for a job, see what it comes with. What stayed in the box, what did the camera team ask for but not have.

If in doubt, find a local AC that knows the camera well and ask them to spec out an order for you with their dream build and their minimal build

#3 Sava Silin

Sava Silin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Director
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:33 AM

The suggested kits from Arri PCA are decent

The complete list of bits is pretty daunting.

I'd suggest 2x Map-2 , 2x MSB-1 , MVB-1 , Viewfinder ,  a few lengths of 15mm Rods , and a battery plate as a minimum for essential metal work.

A small usb is good. I have a micro SD card with a small usb adapter and a regular SD adapter for going between a WCU-4 and the mini.

A 19mm BP-8 plate and dovetail would be useful but not essential

at least 4 128gb CF cards + reader

The standard rig from tilta is also pretty good. Other manufacturers seem to have similar options but I don't have much experience with those.

There are a lot of options depending on your needs, shop around. Call dealers and ask questions.
Rent the camera for a job, see what it comes with. What stayed in the box, what did the camera team ask for but not have.

If in doubt, find a local AC that knows the camera well and ask them to spec out an order for you with their dream build and their minimal build

Thanks for reply, this is very useful) 

Can you explain me why there is a 19mm BP-8 plate and 15mm, what's the difference, besides the size? And the same with SMB-2 Tilt Set

Visual Products

Metropolis Post

The Slider

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

Glidecam

Technodolly

Wooden Camera

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment