Hey all, I'm curious to hear if anyone is willing to share their experience if they've been on long camping/working trip where they were to shoot on a small boat going down a river...here are the conditions :
- on a small chase boat going down a river. The river has both calm segments and not so calm segments when going down a few canyons!
- weather temp: mild during the day and cooler at night/ water temp very cold
- camera: Sony fs7 + canon lenses + shape handles ... basic
- chasing a hand made canoe for 25 days , with one lunch stop and camping at night
- two camera crew + assistants + director + sound ( second camera and team in their own boat )
here are my questions:
- have you been in a situation like this where you worked for hours day in day out? what's your advice on being more efficient at work ?
- have you ever had to wear a drysuit for long hours? day in day out while shooting? do you have any advice on that? how do layer properly as we start in a cool morning and shoot the whole day under the sun and into the night?
- have you used a spray deflector on a handhold rig?
- how do you best go about keeping your gear and the camera on your shoulder dry?