1 reply to this topic

#1 Krystian Ramlogan

Krystian Ramlogan
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Student

Posted 09 July 2005 - 01:10 AM

Hey, just came back from seeing the Fantastic Four. Don't want to say too much since it just opened, but thought I'd start things rolling.

I thought it was a different kind of superhero movie and though I would have liked some more action, effects, CGI, etc. I think I'd give some kudos simply because it takes a different turn.

Not sure how many would agree with me on that. I also thought the cinematography by Oliver Wood was pretty good. I was surprised actually since I can only recall the Bourne Supremacy and that was so different to what I saw in this movie. I liked the colors, the clarity, and most of the effects shots. I also liked the skin tones and I hardly noticed any grain, especially in a couple shots with Dr. Doom that were dark on his face. Maybe someone can speak more on how this movie was shot.

I think it was a more family oriented movie, and definitely had no aspirations to being a Blockbuster Superhero movie that kicks a$$. The use of humor was good - not perfect all the time - but definitely the interplay between Johnny Storm/Torch and Ben Grimm/Thing was perfect.

Overall I'd give this movie a B since there are some story holes and there could have been much more interaction between the FF and some more backstory or deeper character development.

I'll stop at that since giving specifics may spoil the movie for others. Over to you guys.

#2 Reuel Gomez

Reuel Gomez
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Other

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

I wonder who will be hired for the job for Josh Trank's reboot

CineLab

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Glidecam

Visual Products