#1 Krscomp

Krscomp

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:51 AM

I am a very amateur film student with a challenge to provide statistics on a single cinematic element. The study may focus on any film element (ie- lighting, sound, editing, cinematography, costume design...) I have had a little trouble tracking down specifics. Perhaps it is my choice in movies so far. Does anyone have a suggestion of a film to research or any sources I could look for information, especially websites? I originally attempted to study Dean Selmer's use of cinematography in "The Bone Collector." I really appreciate the use of his camera work from the point of view of a bed-ridden quadriplegic as well as the pans that connected clues to characters as well as the crimes. But I was unsuccessful in tracking down enough information to satisfy my requirements. I'd really appreciate any help!

#2 Dominic Case

Dominic Case
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1357 posts
  • Other
  • Sydney Australia

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:10 PM

Not sure what "statistics" you need for this assignment - but you should be able to find heaps of the sort of information you've described in back copies of American Cinematographer. I don't believe that The Bone Collector has been covered in AC: but you could browse and pick another film, or go on looking for Dean Semmler articles elsewhere. Check how to spell his name: I don't think"Dean Selmer" has shot much.

#3 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19769 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 11 July 2005 - 12:19 AM

I seem to recall both a Fuji Exposure article and an ICG Magazine article on "The Bone Collector". It was shot in Super-35 using Fuji F-500T.

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Willys Widgets

The Slider

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc