lighting

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 orgjava

orgjava
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2005 - 03:09 AM

Hi again

Brothers..,i have a question how to keep the lighting for a scene when we break it up being a few shot in different angle still continuity. Anybody have simple solution or trik or what ever..help me pls....

thank's a lot

#2 Lars.Erik

Lars.Erik
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Steadicam Operator
  • Oslo

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:30 AM

Hello.

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. I understand you want some kind of lighting continuity. But are you talking about doing the shoot a different day, or lighting for c.u.'s?

Can you be a bit more clearer?

#3 Fredrik Backar FSF

Fredrik Backar FSF
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • sweden

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:39 PM

It seems to me your question is about how to hold continuity between opposing shots so that they don´t differ too much?...
Look at your contrasts and try to keep backgrounds at the same level unless already shown as different in a master or so.
If you have an overall ambience and look, you can always keep a light floorlevel to make your possible backlight more manageable.
Hope that helps a bit. Elaborate a bit on your question...
All best!/ Fredrik B.

#4 orgjava

orgjava
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:35 AM

Hello.

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. I understand you want some kind of lighting continuity. But are you talking about doing the shoot a different day, or lighting for c.u.'s?

Can you be a bit more clearer?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi..i am again...at fisrt i want to say sorry because my english is bad..,i'm talking about how to keep the lighting continuity after we got the master shot, and we need to do c.u.'s, reverse angle..,cheating..,and when the location suddenly cloudy..or the reading for the ambience is diffrent when we shoot on master...

Thank's for your help

#5 orgjava

orgjava
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2005 - 12:48 AM

It seems to me your question is about how to hold continuity between opposing shots so that they don´t differ too much?...
Look at your contrasts and try to keep backgrounds at the same level unless already shown as different in a master or so.
If you have an overall ambience and look, you can always keep a light floorlevel to make your possible backlight more manageable.
Hope that helps a bit. Elaborate a bit on your question...
All best!/ Fredrik B.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fredrik..,thank's alot with your answer..i have more question. Should i keep in my mind to remember how much the reading for contras ratio between key, fill, background and the embience..teach me more please..by the way i say sorry for my bad english.

thank's

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

FJS International, LLC

CineTape

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS