parasher

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 25 July 2005 - 01:08 AM

hi friends

i am shooting a music video next month ,a majority of which will be shot under water.here let me specify that i will b shooting from a viewing cabin under a pool and not actually undrwater,so the camera will be on dry land .but here are a few issues i had that i wanted to get clarified.

1.i am shooting on 16 mm and have the option of opting for 500 T(7218) or Fuji 500 D REALA. which would be more effective ?

2.i dont have any underwater lighting package and will be using normal HMI's to light from above....any suggestions of how to go about ....

3.i dont have a spot meter with me ,and am planning to take a SLR camera and use it for spot readings ..how effective will that be ....

4.in another secquence i am using UV lights ...( this is not underwater) ..any rules that i need to remember coz i have never shot with UV before.

thanks a lot for your patience ,i hope i was clear with my queries.
regards
parasher

#2 robyn Buchanan

robyn Buchanan

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Student

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:52 AM

hi friends

i am shooting a music video next month ,a majority of which will be shot under water.here let me specify that i will b shooting from a viewing cabin under a pool and not actually undrwater,so the camera will be on dry land .but here are a few issues i had that i wanted to get clarified.

1.i am shooting on 16 mm and have the option of opting for 500 T(7218) or Fuji 500 D REALA. which would be more effective ?

2.i dont have any underwater lighting package and will be using normal HMI's to light from above....any suggestions of how to go about ....

3.i dont have a spot meter with me ,and am planning to take a SLR camera and use it for spot readings ..how effective will that be ....

4.in another secquence i am using UV lights ...( this is not underwater) ..any rules that i need to remember coz i have never shot with UV before.

thanks a lot for your patience ,i hope i was clear with my queries.
regards
parasher

Hey there,
I would always go the Kodak way. Bigger fan of Kodak than Fuji though, but to each their own. About the lighting, you can backlight the actors and then get another light, like a joker, and point it at a bounce card underneath the water. Then the bounce card can create a nice illuminance. Talk to Hydroflex. They are great people to rent from. They have light meters with underwater housing units all ready to rent. With UV lights, just make sure your color temperature matches the rest of what you already using, or if it is compatible with what you are working with.

Opal

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

rebotnix Technologies

Abel Cine

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Visual Products