#1 Miguel Bunster

Miguel Bunster
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 26 July 2005 - 06:03 PM

Hi,
I am looking for info how Wall Street was shoot, Any help would be greatly apreciatted!
As well has anyone here have good experience in lighting big office spaces, any comments would be great!
I have a good idea about my aproach but any info and comments will help greatly.
Best
Miguel

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19759 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:37 PM

It was covered in a Dec. 1987 issue of "American Cinematographer" but it's not particularly full of technical details. Major item mention was lighting Michael Douglas' office with HMI's but gelling the windows with 85 to make the background light golden.

There was no mention of film stocks used. This was a period when Kodak had just introduced the first 250D (5297) stock, plus had two 500T stocks in use, 5294 and 5295.

5295 originally was meant for bluescreen use only; it was an early stock to use T-grain in some of its layers. DP's started using it for normal photography; it was slightly more contrasty and less grainy than 5294. When the first EXR 500T stock came out in 1989, 5296, it had T-grain in all its layers and replaced both 5294 & 5295.

I may have read elsewhere that Richardson use 250D 5297 for those office scenes but I can't remember.

Opal

The Slider

Visual Products

CineLab

rebotnix Technologies

Rig Wheels Passport

Abel Cine

Metropolis Post

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Technodolly

CineTape