What size filters for huge old lenses?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:39 AM

Both lenses have ID threads. They look different however. The 12 threads are deeper, ie more threads. The 9.5 is shallower and has a tiny space below the last thread. The 12 is about 71.5mm wide inside and the 9.5 is about 85mm. Sorry, I'm using a wooden ruller to measure with. What size and brand lenses, holders, shades etc do I get for these lenses??? Do the serial numbers matter? Thanks.
Michael Carter

#2 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:29 PM

Both lenses have ID threads. They look different however. The 12 threads are deeper, ie more threads. The 9.5 is shallower and has a tiny space below the last thread. The 12 is about 71.5mm wide inside and the 9.5 is about 85mm. Sorry, I'm using a wooden ruller to measure with. What size and brand lenses, holders, shades etc do I get for these lenses??? Do the serial numbers matter? Thanks.
Michael Carter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks like 86 & 72mm. Those numbers are based on measuring other filters that I know what are.

#3 Steven Budden

Steven Budden
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Other
  • San Francisco

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:24 PM

No idea. I haven't seen those sizes, did you find any? Maybe use gel behind lens filters (if you can) or find some adapters, which may or may not exist. I know this isn't much help but I didn't want to leave you hanging.

Steven

#4 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2005 - 11:32 AM

Thanks for the reply. I know some folks use those lenses, one sold receiently on the bay. There are filters in those sizes on ebay but I don't want to pay 25 or more only to find out they don't fit! The local place won't help me. PCE. (I give up on them)

Metropolis Post

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

CineTape