What size filters for huge old lenses?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:39 AM

Both lenses have ID threads. They look different however. The 12 threads are deeper, ie more threads. The 9.5 is shallower and has a tiny space below the last thread. The 12 is about 71.5mm wide inside and the 9.5 is about 85mm. Sorry, I'm using a wooden ruller to measure with. What size and brand lenses, holders, shades etc do I get for these lenses??? Do the serial numbers matter? Thanks.
Michael Carter

#2 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:29 PM

Both lenses have ID threads. They look different however. The 12 threads are deeper, ie more threads. The 9.5 is shallower and has a tiny space below the last thread. The 12 is about 71.5mm wide inside and the 9.5 is about 85mm. Sorry, I'm using a wooden ruller to measure with. What size and brand lenses, holders, shades etc do I get for these lenses??? Do the serial numbers matter? Thanks.
Michael Carter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks like 86 & 72mm. Those numbers are based on measuring other filters that I know what are.

#3 Steven Budden

Steven Budden
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Other
  • San Francisco

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:24 PM

No idea. I haven't seen those sizes, did you find any? Maybe use gel behind lens filters (if you can) or find some adapters, which may or may not exist. I know this isn't much help but I didn't want to leave you hanging.

Steven

#4 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2005 - 11:32 AM

Thanks for the reply. I know some folks use those lenses, one sold receiently on the bay. There are filters in those sizes on ebay but I don't want to pay 25 or more only to find out they don't fit! The local place won't help me. PCE. (I give up on them)

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies

Opal

Aerial Filmworks

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

Metropolis Post