Chris Alex
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Director
  • Greece

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:04 PM

Hi
Does anybody know where i can find the equipment i need for doing home processing?

I heard that i need a spiral tank. I dont even know how it looks like.
Can i find the gear on the net? Any sites selling such stuff?
Is ebay any good?

Thank you.

#2 P.W. Shelton

P.W. Shelton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Director
  • Austin,Tx.

Posted 16 August 2005 - 12:34 AM

Look for a universal developing tank. These were made for developing 35mm, super8 and 16mm. They were made by a Russian company called Lomo. Try action camera in San Fransisco or E-bay.
Good Luck

#3 Bo Svalin

Bo Svalin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Other

Posted 16 August 2005 - 02:22 AM

Look at the Russian page, here exists new equipment, http://www.geocities.com/russiancamera

#4 Gareth Munden

Gareth Munden
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London UK

Posted 17 August 2005 - 04:17 AM

Processing C41 ( Colour Neg ) is not esay !!!! I've done still film a lot and you have to be on the ball with mixing, temp etc , and you will not know if you are on the right lines 'till you have had a Telecine done I guess . E6 is not poss at home , any change in temp +- 1 c will give great big colour shifts !!! . B&W is very esay to do at home I do still film all the time and because of the lack of colour layers it is dead easy to do . ( but then can you get B&W neg film in Super8 ) ? .

#5 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:41 AM

Processing C41 ( Colour Neg ) is not esay !!!! I've done still film a lot and you have to be on the ball with mixing, temp etc , and you will not know if you are on the right lines 'till you have had a Telecine done I guess . E6 is not poss at home , any change in temp +- 1 c will give great big colour shifts !!! . B&W is very esay to do at home I do still film all the time and because of the lack of colour layers it is dead easy to do . ( but then can you get B&W neg film in Super8 ) ? .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Both the Kodak C-41 and E-6 processes are run successfully by home enthusiasts. As you note, you need precise control of time and temperature to get consistent results. Do you use a water bath to maintain constant temperature?

#6 Gareth Munden

Gareth Munden
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London UK

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:58 AM

John , C41 and E6 are poss at home but not that easy that all I'm saying , but then I do my own RA4 prints at home . ( using Kodak stuff ) . Lets keep real photography alive !!!!

#7 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:14 AM

John , C41 and E6 are poss at home but not that easy that all I'm saying , but then I do my own RA4 prints at home . ( using Kodak stuff ) . Lets keep real photography alive !!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I suspect the difficulties you are encountering are likely due to variations in time or temperature. A constant-temperature water bath is a good investment when you do color processing at home. Consistency in changing solutions helps keep timing accurate. Compensate by added time or replenishment as solutions get exhausted or oxidized.

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

FJS International, LLC

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

Aerial Filmworks

Visual Products

Wooden Camera

CineTape

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

Ritter Battery

Willys Widgets