Who's seen this korean film?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CarolineKim

CarolineKim
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:56 PM

Released in 2003, Universal is finally relesed its R1 dvd of this amazing Serial Killer movie. Memories of Murder has won so many awards - which it clearly deserves. the movie is about hte killings in the '86 that occured in a village, and the investigation to find the killer - who was never caught (till this day- all based on true facts)

I enjoyed the cinematography they really gave a feel that you were in the 80s..and the amount of koreans shown smoking!! haha and teh scenes of the chases...the integration of silence..adn then face paced music was excellent!

anyone else enjoy it?

#2 Max Jacoby

Max Jacoby
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2955 posts
  • Other

Posted 12 August 2005 - 05:44 PM

I LOVE this movie.

First saw it in London last year and again two weeks ago when it got released in Luxembourg. Of course I have it on DVD as well.

A really amazing piece of art.

#3 Jaan Shenberger

Jaan Shenberger
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Director
  • San Francisco

Posted 12 August 2005 - 05:57 PM

i saw it at a film fest... best serial killer film i've ever see. great use of genre to explore class tension in 80s korea.

i don't really recall the cinematography being exceptional or remarkable, though it (along with all the other cinematic elements) combined nearly perfectly with everything else to form a masterfully crafted narrative.

#4 CarolineKim

CarolineKim
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:53 AM

I noticed a typo on my message....haha - i meant to say "fast paced music - instead of face paced...but i think everyone got my message.

I agree that the integration was amazing! The shots of teh faces of the actors - you felt their pain and the whole "i can tell if you are lying or not look" haha...

Audiris - does your DVD have any extra features like the korean version?

A movie like Memories of murder really does teach su soemthing..i would have never learnt about this incident if it werent for the film. It was really mind opening! And i have a greater appreciation for the new forensic science!

#5 onlytranslating

onlytranslating
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:00 PM

I haven't seen this but sounds like an awesome movie. maybe i'll look into checking it out

Metropolis Post

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio

Technodolly

Wooden Camera