#1 Cillian Daly

Cillian Daly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Student

Posted 23 August 2005 - 09:41 AM

Howdy.

This should probably be in "Off Topic", but since the trailer is on the big screen, here goes; Does anybody out there know what music is playing with the trialer for Narnia in theatres? It sounds like it could be 2 seperate pieces, but it may be just 1 suite. I think it sounds great, and would like to pick it up on CD at some point, if I can. Also, is it possible there may be a different piece of music playing with the UK/Ireland trailer, than there is in the U.S.? Any help is appreciated.
By the way, I think the film looks bloody good. Not as dark as LOTR, but nice and clean, and fantastical.

Cheers.

#2 Michel Hafner

Michel Hafner
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Other

Posted 26 August 2005 - 04:06 PM

Howdy.

This should probably be in "Off Topic", but since the trailer is on the big screen, here goes; Does anybody out there know what music is playing with the trialer for Narnia in theatres? It sounds like it could be 2 seperate pieces, but it may be just 1 suite. I think it sounds great, and would like to pick it up on CD at some point, if I can. Also, is it possible there may be a different piece of music playing with the UK/Ireland trailer, than there is in the U.S.? Any help is appreciated.
By the way, I think the film looks bloody good. Not as dark as LOTR, but nice and clean, and fantastical.

Cheers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.filmmusic.../?cid=C&id=1659

#3 Cillian Daly

Cillian Daly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Student

Posted 29 August 2005 - 02:44 AM

Thank you very much, Miha. Didn't realise there was that much different music used in it. Goes to show you, I guess.

thanks again,

#4 Charlie Seper

Charlie Seper
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2005 - 01:39 PM

I haven't seen the trailer, but I'm one of the world's biggest CS Lewis fans and I loved everything about the Chronicles of Narnia. But unfortunately, every movie that's ever been made of one of the stories has been terrible. I'm hoping this one gets it right. I have doubts however, that these stories can be done as well as they deserve unless they're done as animations. There's just something about having talking animals in the mix of things that's difficult to do right on-screen. None of the Doctor Doolittle movies got it right either.

But as an aside, Steve Hackett (played with Genesis) had a song on his "Please Don't Touch" album back in the 70's that had the best tribute to the Narnia series I've ever heard. Its just called, "Narnia". Steve Walsh (from the band Kansas) sang the lead on it. A really great tune if you can find it.

Abel Cine

Aerial Filmworks

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

FJS International, LLC

CineTape

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

CineLab

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS