#1 brian hendry

brian hendry
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Grip
  • NC/VA

Posted 26 August 2005 - 08:34 PM

just wondering if anyone has any tips for me...ill be loading my first big paid 35mm show, and wondering if anyone has any tips before i spend the next 30 days of my life sitting at a table uploading and downloading some near 300 mags a day. ha.

thanks.

#2 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 26 August 2005 - 08:53 PM

just wondering if anyone has any tips for me...ill be loading my first big paid 35mm show, and wondering if anyone has any tips before i spend the next 30 days of my life sitting at a table uploading and downloading some near 300 mags a day. ha.

thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"Cleanliness is next to Godliness" --- a hair or fiber in your darkroom or changing bag can end up as a hair in the gate. Use a vacuum cleaner that exhausts to the outside to clean, damp wipe work surfaces to remove dirt.

Let your eyes accomodate for several minutes, and be sure there are no light leaks into the darkroom. Watch out for things like luminous watches and the status light on your cellphone.

If you have to wind the film, wind slowly and evenly. Handle film by the edges only and don't touch or rub the image area. Ground your rewinds and yourself to minimize static buildup that can cause static marks.

Be sure to let cold rolls of film warm up until there is no condensation on the can, or you risk condensation or moisture static on the film itself.

Be meticulous and neat in your camera logs and recordkeeping. Maintain clear communication with your lab contact person.

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

CineTape

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks

Ritter Battery

Visual Products

Metropolis Post