#1 Jon Amerikaner

Jon Amerikaner
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Tel Aviv, Israel

Posted 10 September 2005 - 03:20 AM

I work at a major post-house in Hollywood. And I have access to all kinds of experienced people and technology. The one thing we all agree on is that more filmmakers, especially DP's, need to know what can and cannot be done in post. So if you have any questions about post send them to me and I'll do my best to find you some answers.

All the best and happy shooting.

#2 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:46 PM

I work at a major post-house in Hollywood.  And I have access to all kinds of experienced people and technology.  The one thing we all agree on is that more filmmakers, especially DP's, need to know what can and cannot be done in post.  So if you have any questions about post send them to me and I'll do my best to find you some answers.

All the best and happy shooting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your profile lists you as a student, so I assume your job is as an intern or apprentice. Might your employer want to take a more active role participating here, perhaps with you as the contact or intermediary with the "experienced people" in your shop?

#3 Jon Amerikaner

Jon Amerikaner
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Tel Aviv, Israel

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:19 PM

Your profile lists you as a student, so I assume your job is as an intern or apprentice.  Might your employer want to take a more active role participating here, perhaps with you as the contact or intermediary with the "experienced people" in your shop?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, I forgot to change my profile. I was a student. Now I'm a Digital Restoration Artist and Projectionist at a major post shop (as well as an indie DP). From the Restoration to the Projection I have a view of the entire process and I am in daily contact with many experienced post people. I'm offering to help find answers to questions posted here by bringing them directly to the people who know how to answer them but do not have the time or inclination to use the great resource which is this bulletin board.

Metropolis Post

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineTape

FJS International, LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Visual Products

The Slider

Willys Widgets