New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Student
  • Irvine, CA... the wanabee real OC

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:06 AM

Hi Forum!!!!

I have a delema maybe you guys can help me out with. My mother-in-law pulled a box full of old Super8 reels on it and I have been eyeballing some 8mm projectors on ebay. I was going to secure a bid on one when a thought accured to me..... can I play the Super8 film on a projector that does not specify a dual setting?

So therein lyes my dilema :blink: can i view (successfuly) the Super8 film on a vintage REVERE 8MM FILM PROJECTOR MODEL P-90???

Thanks for your input and Im glad Ive found this forum!! It will be fun getting to know all of you in the future! :D

#2 A.Oliver

A.Oliver
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Other
  • Croydon UK

Posted 13 September 2005 - 04:08 AM

Hi, according to my book on movie projectors ( by Jurgen Lossau ) the said projector is an 8mm model from around 1948. You cannot show super 8 films with this projector. Andy

#3 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:56 AM

Hi Forum!!!! 

I have a delema maybe you guys can help me out with. My mother-in-law pulled a box full of old Super8 reels on it and I have been eyeballing some 8mm projectors on ebay. I was going to secure a bid on one when a thought accured to me..... can I play the Super8 film on a projector that does not specify a dual setting?

So therein lyes my dilema  :blink:    can i view (successfuly) the Super8 film on a vintage REVERE 8MM FILM PROJECTOR MODEL P-90???

Thanks for your input and Im glad Ive found this forum!! It will be fun getting to know all of you in the future!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NO! The perforation size and spacing (pitch) is very different, and a regular-8 projector will severely damage Super-8 film.

Kodak did make a few models of "dual-8" projectors that could be switched between formats.

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Opal

Technodolly

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineTape

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine