#1 Marty Hamrick

Marty Hamrick
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Oshawa, Ontario

Posted 17 September 2005 - 11:38 AM

I saw some of the demo footage from the folks who make the Supermag,but it didn't show what I wanted.I'm curious to see how the registration holds up,has anyone done a multi exposure registration test with it?I understand it has it's own pressure plate.

#2 John Adolfi

John Adolfi
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Producer
  • Fulton, N.Y.

Posted 17 September 2005 - 12:23 PM

Although I have not tested it, I recently looked it over in order to see if this was a solution to my needs and problems with super8. My biggest obsticle was the availability of film and the cost. Overseas shipping along with a weaker US dollar to Euro and base sticker price stops me. 16mm then becomes a better option for picture stability and cost for quality of picture. What do others think?

#3 Machado

Machado
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Other

Posted 17 September 2005 - 02:32 PM

Although I have not tested it, I recently looked it over in order to see if this was a solution to my needs and problems with super8.  My biggest obsticle was the availability of film and the cost. Overseas shipping along with a weaker US dollar to Euro and base sticker price stops me.  16mm then becomes a better option for picture stability and cost for quality of picture.  What do others think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with you John. Price and availablilty of 200ft and 400ft super8 are the biggest obstacles here. For the money, 16mm is the better choice right now.
I would still like to have one though, but untill I see the film availability secured, I won't spend anywhere near the current asking price.

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

FJS International, LLC

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

Opal

CineLab

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

The Slider