Photo

Obscure lens mount adapters (Kodak Cine Special 2)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jef bryant

jef bryant
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:43 AM

Does anyone know (or know someone who might know) about the possible existence (or custom creation) of lens mount adapters for old Kodak Cine Special II cameras? They had a propriety "S-mount" and I'd love to know if there's a way to mount ANY other kind of lens. "C-mount" comes to mind first, but I'm curious about any adapter.

I did come across an adapter that allows use of S-mount lenses on c-mount cameras, surprisingly...

#2 Ian Marks

Ian Marks
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2005 - 12:12 PM

The "S" mount is probably the biggest drawback of the Cine-Specials, which otherwise possess an amazing array of advanced features for cameras engineered back in the day of Model T's and Prohibition (interchangeable magazines, variable shutter, reflex focusing, etc.).

Over the years some of these were modified with full-time reflex viewing and a C-mount front plate. Most of these modifications were performed by a company called PAR. Modified cameras show up from time to time at camera swap meets and on Ebay.

I've got a PAR-modified Cine-Special that accepts a C-mount lens and which has the full reflex finder (which employs a pellicle). It doesn't look like the lens mount modification is something you could do yourself. Your best bet would probably be to keep an eye out for a Cine-Special that already has the C-mount.

#3 jef bryant

jef bryant
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 12:37 AM

I guess it is safe to assume that the PAR company either no longer does these mods, or the company itself no longer exists. Good to know the mods are floating around out there. though.

Abel Cine

Glidecam

Wooden Camera

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Visual Products

Metropolis Post