Sol Train Saihati
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Gaffer
  • London

Posted 21 September 2005 - 12:36 PM

Hello All!

We're shooting a feature in Belgium next month and we're prospectively looking for houses from which to hire our lighting package. It seems a wiser option to rent from there, rather than hauling it all over from England, the insurance alone would be a nightmare I'm sure, not to mention the Logistics of crossing several borders with a couple of vanloads of equipment.

There a suprisingly large number of rental houses in Belgium, so rather than just pick one at random it would be nice to hear some first hand experiences. Have any of you shot over there and if so, which companies did you deal with, were they friendly, what did you hire, how were the prices, etc...

These are a few we found after a quick search online:

http://www.eye-lite....ower-rental.php - these guys have a very decent list of equipment
http://www.k-light.be/en/index.html - less stock but have some essentials

http://www.kftv.com/...y-KG04-BEL.html - company listings in Belgium

I must admit I'll be quite suprised to get any replies, but on this forum you never know eh?

#2 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 21 September 2005 - 12:47 PM

Hello All!

We're shooting a feature in Belgium next month and we're prospectively looking for houses from which to hire our lighting package. It seems a wiser option to rent from there, rather than hauling it all over from England, the insurance alone would be a nightmare I'm sure, not to mention the Logistics of crossing several borders with a couple of vanloads of equipment.

Hi,

I can't help you directly with rental companied but borders are not an issue in the EEC. I often have rented in Germany, driven to France and back and the is no border. Its only getting into England you have to show a passport.

Stephen

#3 MiguelDelValle

MiguelDelValle
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Mexico City

Posted 21 September 2005 - 10:56 PM

I had work on a reality show for a belgium and a huge company from holland, I have a few contacts that will help you at least telling you were when and maybe getting discounts for you. Write to me off list.

Tai Audio

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineTape

Glidecam

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

Wooden Camera

CineLab