• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kumar

kumar
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2005 - 02:39 AM

hello every one.
again i have to say thanks to everyone.for learing lot lesson from
here. i need suggestion about what i am going to shoot next.1.professor taking class, he wants show his lesson make it on dvd version.{might be project management}. i have planed shoot on dv format. already i have used pd 150,170. i am not happy with them framing.i need another one. i would like to use day light color little bluish. what ever thing i need international quality.i am waiting for your suggestion about
1] camera.lighting,filters,how to make shot,in which way i have to go on dvd

2] on audio recording

#2 Dimitrios Koukas

Dimitrios Koukas
  • Sustaining Members
  • 569 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Athens, Greece, London UK

Posted 27 September 2005 - 03:15 AM

hello every one.
                        again i have to say thanks to everyone.for learing lot lesson from
here. i need suggestion about what i am going to shoot next.1.professor taking class, he wants show his lesson make it on dvd version.{might be project management}. i have planed shoot on dv format. already i have used pd 150,170. i am not  happy with them framing.i need another one. i would like to use day light color little bluish. what ever thing i need international quality.i am waiting for your suggestion about
1] camera.lighting,filters,how to make shot,in which  way i have to go on dvd

2] on audio recording

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problem if you go for DVCAM or DVCPRO,as this is for educanional or archive purposes only, and it goes for DVD.
As for his class it would be I guess something less than 2 hours the most?
I would suggest you to have 2 cameras one for the audience and one for the teacher,as for the sound you will need one microphone, or two that can cover the class and one levalier wireless mic on him.
Find a well litted classroom, and don't use any lights if the light on the classroom suits you.
in case u want some more add one 4bank kinoflo near each camera.
Turn the lights of the classroom off, this will give a better look,(usually the rooms have windows on the side of it).
As for the blue-whites thing, just do your white balance with 5600K filter on camera, and use infront of the lens a small piece of 1/4 C.T.B.
This will trick the cameras white balance, and will add some more blue.
Do the same for both cameras.

That's my general suggestions, I hope that I have been helpfull.
Dimitrios Koukas

#3 kumar

kumar
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:01 AM

thanks koukas,
he has planned his classs room, would be a star hotel.full a/c hall. nowdays i have seen more hotels ,using yellow ligfhts in their confrence hall. so what should i do. for white light,. again one thing. i have shot one fashion show, i asked 3 camera through swicher and record on beta. but i got only 2 camera.through editing i have to make 30 min sponsor program.in my broplem was i had lot of out of focus in following the model and some not planned programs.second thing i am going to shoot big stage event, i am demand for 5 camera{beta}then through the switcher record on dv cam format is it possible. i heard some news it is possible what i am asking. i need clarification about the stage event
1}camera position. focusing.aperture
2}recording format
3}lighting for stage ,flood style for normal program,clamour look for fashion

thanks

#4 Dimitrios Koukas

Dimitrios Koukas
  • Sustaining Members
  • 569 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Athens, Greece, London UK

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:22 AM

thanks koukas,
                      he has planned his classs room, would be a star hotel.full a/c hall. nowdays i have seen more hotels ,using yellow ligfhts in  their confrence hall. so what should i do. for white light,. again one thing. i have shot one fashion show, i asked 3 camera through swicher and record on beta. but i got only 2 camera.through editing i have to make 30 min sponsor program.in my broplem was i had lot of out of focus in following the model and some not planned programs.second thing i am going to shoot big stage event, i am demand for 5 camera{beta}then through the switcher record on dv cam format is it possible. i heard some news it is possible what i am asking. i need clarification about the stage event
1}camera position. focusing.aperture
2}recording format
3}lighting for stage ,flood style for normal program,clamour look for fashion
thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How many people in the conference?
I have done many of those as a lighting designer, so it's difficult do advise you if I don't know the sizes.

As for the stage program what is it?
Music or fashion?
What is the normal program about?
If you are using a switcher, by the little I know till know, I am sure that u can record in any available format.
As for the aperture and focusing thing, I can't understand your concerns.
Dimitrios Koukas

Dimitrios Koukas

Ritter Battery

Visual Products

FJS International, LLC

CineTape

The Slider

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks