• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Director

Posted 04 October 2005 - 04:30 AM

http://www.jirikafka...eo/crossing.avi
http://www.jirikafka...deo/matrix4.avi
http://www.jirikafka...deo/deekhed.avi

Tell me what you think. It was shot with lo-end TRV740E camera.

#2 Benji Wade

Benji Wade
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Student

Posted 15 October 2005 - 02:28 AM

I just watched Crossing, for shooting that with such a cheap camera, it looks great. I liked the shots.

#3 LondonFilmMan

LondonFilmMan
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2005 - 01:35 PM

Overall, for this camera. Amazing! I like your style but think, even for comedy, you could establish some things better.

1. "Crossing" - good stuff for TV and funny. Slovak? Czech? Good comedy. I really liked this commercial.

2. "Matrix 4" Good. Some of the punches weren't any good though! C'mon hit him! I think you are funny though. Good comedy. Some shots were a bit corny and unnecessary whereas others could be a bit 'tougher' and more 'hard-edged'.

3. "deekhed" - Is that deekhed or......? never mind. I am surprised that I can see the eye lashes so clearly with this cam you used! Well done. I didn't like the change of music from the intro music to the guitar. Didn't feel right. I felt 'disappointed' because you were saying one thing with the music and then you just dropped that feeling for a bland guitar. But then I realise that your humour is about to re-emerge in the form of a rather slow monster. Greasing the hair back....mmm...should of used lots of gel and we could of heard a 'splodge'. The monster might have looked a bit worried by that splodge. The gun firing doesn't look exactly real (of course)...but the pink comb.....phew..... When they are moving around the room, I felt 'he' was looking downwards too much. We couldn't see his eyes. Wrong angle? Plus why is his face expressionless...no snarl?

Overall, great! better than I could of done. I loved the green Skoda!

#4 David Silverstein

David Silverstein
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Student
  • New York City

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:41 PM

Loved "Crossing"

The others were ok but I dont understand French so I wouldnt know if it was funny or not and I wouldnt know why you parodized the Matrix but I cant judge so ignore that comment.

I would love to know how you got your stuff to look so good and film like with TRV740E. Thats amazing please share im sure a lot of us would love to know. Did you use magic bullet to change to 24p?

Edited by David Silverstein, 27 November 2005 - 02:42 PM.

Abel Cine

Wooden Camera

Paralinx LLC

FJS International, LLC

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

Opal

rebotnix Technologies

Technodolly

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport