Photo

Replacement shoulder pad for Sony DSR-400/450?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Hall

Dave Hall
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Berkeley Heights, NJ

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:05 PM

I finally ordered my Sony DSR-450WS. Can't wait to get it! My question: does someone make a replacement shoulder pad for the 400/450 series cameras? I am used to the DSR-390 "DynaFit" soft shoulder pad. I figure if a soft replacement exists, someone here should know about it! I did a Google search, but no luck.

#2 Dave Hall

Dave Hall
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Berkeley Heights, NJ

Posted 22 December 2005 - 03:39 PM

An update - I got no responses to this... I got my DSR-450WS - love it. After actually owning one, I see that the shoulder pad is fine as is. I see no reason to even try to look for another one. I have it slid pretty far forward to get the balance more toward the back, as I'm using Chinese lithium batteries that are very light.

#3 NBC Shooter

NBC Shooter
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2005 - 12:54 AM

Cool! I'm thinking of getting a DSR450 real soon to shoot some short films with. I'm going with Anton Bauer ProPak 14s myself. Cheap, and they last pretty long. How about that sensitivity, eh?

Edited by NBC Shooter, 24 December 2005 - 12:56 AM.

#4 Dave Hall

Dave Hall
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Berkeley Heights, NJ

Posted 26 December 2005 - 01:41 PM

I'm about to do a comparison between my DSR-390 and the 450. The 450 has a higher S/N, but it is less light sensitive. I'll post the results soon - hopefully within a day or so.

#5 Peter J DeCrescenzo

Peter J DeCrescenzo
  • Sustaining Members
  • 620 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Portland, OR, USA www.peterdv.com Blog: http://herefortheweather.wordpress.com/

Posted 26 December 2005 - 03:26 PM

I'm about to do a comparison between my DSR-390 and the 450. The 450 has a higher S/N, but it is less light sensitive. I'll post the results soon - hopefully within a day or so.

Is that true when both are in interlaced mode, or when comparing the DSR-450WSL in progressive mode to the DSR-390 in interlaced mode?

(Most dual-mode cams lose 1 stop or so of sensitivity when switched from interlaced to progressive mode.)

#6 Dave Hall

Dave Hall
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Berkeley Heights, NJ

Posted 29 December 2005 - 12:28 PM

Is that true when both are in interlaced mode, or when comparing the DSR-450WSL in progressive mode to the DSR-390 in interlaced mode?

(Most dual-mode cams lose 1 stop or so of sensitivity when switched from interlaced to progressive mode.)

I just posted my results in another thread. I did the comparisons all in 60i so it would be apples to apples.

#7 Peter J DeCrescenzo

Peter J DeCrescenzo
  • Sustaining Members
  • 620 posts
  • Camera Operator
  • Portland, OR, USA www.peterdv.com Blog: http://herefortheweather.wordpress.com/

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:04 PM

I just posted my results in another thread. I did the comparisons all in 60i so it would be apples to apples.

I saw that, but unfortunately you didn't specify the mode (interlaced vs. progressive) or the shutter speed for each camera, hence my questions in this and the other thread.

Opal

Aerial Filmworks

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

Wooden Camera

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Metropolis Post

FJS International, LLC

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets