Jonas Hed

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Director

Posted 08 October 2005 - 05:09 PM

Hello everybody!

I have now bought a SONY HDR HC1E which Im planning to make a short on.
Some problems seem to have popped up though, on the camera there is a function called "Tele-macro" which should (according to Sony) get a short focal length-like feature. http://www.sony.jp/p.../feature04.html

The only thing that happens when I press the "Tele-macro"-button is that it zooms in 5x and its no difference that if I would zoom manually it seems.
So I thought I would build a Guerilla35 adaptor. The problem with this adaptor is that it seems to soften the picture even in the sharp areas (as seen in comparison examples on www.redrockmicro.com).
I thought it was because the cd-groundglass is vibrating/wobling a bit making the focus to the lens change in distans. Or am I totally wrong? Have someone figured out what of the adaptor is causing this soft quality?

My last homemade 35mm adaptor (where I used a static gg) it did not give a softened quality but you could on the other hand see the grain.

Well please tell me if you know the answers to these questions :)

Bye for now

#2 Jonas Hed

Jonas Hed

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Director

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:32 PM

Hello everybody!

I have now bought a SONY HDR HC1E which Im planning to make a short on.
Some problems seem to have popped up though, on the camera there is a function called "Tele-macro" which should (according to Sony) get a short focal length-like feature. http://www.sony.jp/p.../feature04.html

The only thing that happens when I press the "Tele-macro"-button is that it zooms in 5x and its no difference that if I would zoom manually it seems.
So I thought I would build a Guerilla35 adaptor. The problem with this adaptor is that it seems to soften the picture even in the sharp areas (as seen in comparison examples on www.redrockmicro.com).
I thought it was because the cd-groundglass is vibrating/wobling a bit making the focus to the lens change in distans. Or am I totally wrong? Have someone figured out what of the adaptor is causing this soft quality?

My last homemade 35mm adaptor (where I used a static gg) it did not give a softened quality but you could on the other hand see the grain.

Well please tell me if you know the answers to these questions :)

Bye for now

How silly of me! I mean a Micro35 adaptor not Guerilla35...sorry if I made someone confused.

Visual Products

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

Metropolis Post

Wooden Camera

FJS International, LLC

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Ritter Battery