#1 James Mann

James Mann
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:34 PM

I have been a big fan of the Black Pro Mist Filter, mostly because I liked the subtle smoothing effect but particularly because of that wonderful glow (halation) around the highlights.

But this being said, the glowing effect which was achieved in Corpse Bride (mostly around the corpse bride herself) was unbelievably beautiful and unlike anything that I had seen or knew how to achieve.

I plowed through the AC Magazine and they didn't really touch on the effect and never mentioned any filtration on their cameras.

Perhaps this effect was achieved digitally in post but I am curious as to how (that is, with what filters or combination of filters) to achieve this effect practically and in camera.

James Mann

#2 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:14 PM

I have been a big fan of the Black Pro Mist Filter, mostly because I liked the subtle smoothing effect but particularly because of that wonderful glow (halation) around the highlights.

But this being said, the glowing effect which was achieved in Corpse Bride (mostly around the corpse bride herself) was unbelievably beautiful and unlike anything that I had seen or knew how to achieve.

I plowed through the AC Magazine and they didn't really touch on the effect and never mentioned any filtration on their cameras.

Perhaps this effect was achieved digitally in post but I am curious as to how (that is, with what filters or combination of filters) to achieve this effect practically and in camera.

James Mann

I haven't seen the movie, but are you sure that the glow around that particular character isn't from her costume?

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Technodolly

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

FJS International, LLC

Glidecam

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post