• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Frank DiBugnara

Frank DiBugnara
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:46 PM

I just noticed on Kodak's website that Vision 1 stocks like '77 and '79 are now gone? I must have missed this change. When did this happen? I'm curious as to the reasoning behind this. Did the Vision 1 orders plummet with the release of the newer stocks? Has it become too costly to manufacture so many 500T stocks, for example?

As much as I enjoy the grain structure and flesh reproduction of '18, there was something so snappy and nice about '79. As a matter of fact, a lot of times in telecine, I end up enjoying the new benefits of Vision 2 while "forcing" back some of the characteristics of the Vision 1 stocks.

#2 John Pytlak RIP

John Pytlak RIP

(deceased)

• Sustaining Members
  • 3499 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Rochester, NY 14650-1922

Posted 19 October 2005 - 05:39 AM

I just noticed on Kodak's website that Vision 1 stocks like '77 and '79 are now gone? I must have missed this change. When did this happen? I'm curious as to the reasoning behind this. Did the Vision 1 orders plummet with the release of the newer stocks? Has it become too costly to manufacture so many 500T stocks, for example?

As much as I enjoy the grain structure and flesh reproduction of '18, there was something so snappy and nice about '79. As a matter of fact, a lot of times in telecine, I end up enjoying the new benefits of Vision 2 while "forcing" back some of the characteristics of the Vision 1 stocks.

5277/7277 was discontinued in July. 5279 (35mm) remains available, but 7279 (16mm) is gone.

Yes, the Kodak VISION2 stocks have become the most popular stocks.

Opal

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

FJS International, LLC

Metropolis Post

Glidecam

Abel Cine

The Slider