Photo

WORKING ON SCRIPT, NEED FUNDING OR CONTACT TO SELL SCRIPT.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Julia R. G.

Julia R. G.

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:54 AM

We are currently working on a script of religious nature. We are looking for funding or possibly to sell script. Anybody interested or anybody that can refer us to anybody else, contact us so we can give you more info on project. Many thanks.

#2 Jonathan Spear

Jonathan Spear
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Other

Posted 19 October 2005 - 09:13 AM

""We are currently working on a script of religious nature. We are looking for funding or possibly to sell script.""

You and about 2 million other screenwriters. First of all, make sure you FINISH your work, then register it at www.wga.org. Unless you're someone famous with a few projects under your belt, it will be close to impossible to get funding for a spec script that isn't finished yet.

""Anybody interested or anybody that can refer us to anybody else, contact us so we can give you more info on project. Many thanks""

Check Scriptswap.com and other screenwriting websites. People are always looking for a good original idea.
The only bit of (fellow) newbie advice I can offer is make sure you're humble enough to accept the word "pass" and keep writing regardless of how your first several screenplays may (will) suck. I don't think it's humanly possible to nail the concept of screenwriting on your first or even second script. It's so much more complex than people think.

I take it you've read countless "made" Holywood screenplays already. If not, there's no point in burning bridges you have yet to cross...

(www.simplyscripts.com)

Good luck.

Jonathan

#3 Julia R. G.

Julia R. G.

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Other

Posted 19 October 2005 - 09:19 AM

""We are currently working on a script of religious nature. We are looking for funding or possibly to sell script.""

You and about 2 million other screenwriters. First of all, make sure you FINISH your work, then register it at www.wga.org. Unless you're someone famous with a few projects under your belt, it will be close to impossible to get funding for a spec script that isn't finished yet.

""Anybody interested or anybody that can refer us to anybody else, contact us so we can give you more info on project. Many thanks""

Check Scriptswap.com and other screenwriting websites. People are always looking for a good original idea.
The only bit of (fellow) newbie advice I can offer is make sure you're humble enough to accept the word "pass" and keep writing regardless of how your first several screenplays may (will) suck. I don't think it's humanly possible to nail the concept of screenwriting on your first or even second script. It's so much more complex than people think.

I take it you've read countless "made" Holywood screenplays already. If not, there's no point in burning bridges you have yet to cross...

(www.simplyscripts.com)

Good luck.

Jonathan

Jonathan,

Many thanks for the suggestions.

Julia

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

The Slider

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post