#1 Gino Terribilini

Gino Terribilini
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Student
  • Long Beach, CA

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:12 PM

Is this possible? I highly doubt it, but maybe somebody out there knows of somebody who has accomplished it?

#2 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 27 October 2005 - 02:23 PM

It is possible and I've seen the results, but it is very expensive and a major carving out of the camera. I believe there is a place in Australia that does it, and Cinema Techniques in Miami does as well. Arri no longer does this although I believe they did at one time. For the cost and versatility you are probably better off buying and converting another camera instead such as a CP-16.

#3 Andy Sparaco SOC

Andy Sparaco SOC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 203 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Chicago and most airline lounges

Posted 27 October 2005 - 03:57 PM

What do you want to know . I have one of two PL mount/S16 ArriS cameras in the US

#4 timHealy

timHealy
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1262 posts
  • Other
  • New York

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:32 PM

PS Technik in Germany has a really terrific Super 16 conversion with many options that the Arri SR III has. There is a company they are paired up with in the US in florida but I forget which one. Being a German company it costs a little more lately with the Euro being about $1.25 in the recent past.

Best

Tim

#5 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 28 October 2005 - 09:18 AM

PS Technik in Germany has a really terrific Super 16 conversion with many options that the Arri SR III has. There is a company they are paired up with in the US in florida but I forget which one
Tim

Hi,

The company in Miami is http://www.cinematechnic.com. Had an E-mail from Jorge this morning, he has no electricity as a result of the hurricane.

Stephen

#6 Bruce McNaughton

Bruce McNaughton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Melbourne Australia

Posted 30 October 2005 - 02:14 AM

Happy to talk to you about converting your 16S to super 16. We also do BL 16 S16 conversions

Best

Bruce McNaughton
http://www.design.arandafilm.com.au

#7 Andy Sparaco SOC

Andy Sparaco SOC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 203 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Chicago and most airline lounges

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:59 AM

Happy to talk to you about converting your 16S to super 16. We also do BL 16 S16 conversions

Best

Bruce McNaughton
http://www.design.arandafilm.com.au

Can you post a recent picture of your mod? Thanks in Advance!

#8 Bruce McNaughton

Bruce McNaughton
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Melbourne Australia

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:51 PM

Dear Asparaco

Sorry I do not have any photos of the S. We usually turn them around quickly and they are out of here before we remember to take a shot. I have earmarked the next one for a photo session BUT 90% of the work is on the inside and impossible to see. We widen the mirror/shutter, the key to the S16 conversion of both the S and the BL. All you see from the outside is the PL (or Arri standard or bayonet, depending on client preference) hardfront.

Regards

Bruce

Dear Asparaco

Sorry I do not have any photos of the S. We usually turn them around quickly and they are out of here before we remember to take a shot. I have earmarked the next one for a photo session BUT 90% of the work is on the inside and impossible to see. We widen the mirror/shutter, the key to the S16 conversion of both the S and the BL. All you see from the outside is the PL (or Arri standard or bayonet, depending on client preference) hardfront.

Regards

Bruce

Dear Asparaco

Regards

Bruce

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

Willys Widgets

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

Wooden Camera

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

Tai Audio