1 reply to this topic

#1 Evan Cox

Evan Cox
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Director

Posted 29 October 2005 - 10:19 PM

Hey, I just purchased a Bell and Howell 200 EE 16mm camera on Ebay. First off, I was just wondering is this is a decent camera, but I also need to know about film magazines. It seems that they are hard to come by. It would be a lot of help if somebody could tell me: A) where I could find some for a reasonable price, and B) how I could learn to load the film into the cartridge on my own. Anything will help.

#2 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 29 October 2005 - 10:32 PM

Hey, I just purchased a Bell and Howell 200 EE 16mm camera on Ebay. First off, I was just wondering is this is a decent camera, but I also need to know about film magazines. It seems that they are hard to come by. It would be a lot of help if somebody could tell me: A) where I could find some for a reasonable price, and B) how I could learn to load the film into the cartridge on my own. Anything will help.

It was a good home movie camera in its day. The EE probaly indicates the model with the light meter, so that may or may not work. I am not sure of the ASA Range, FAST film in the days that unit was made was EI 50 :blink:

Java Photo in Athens GA has some magazines with outdated Plus X in his frezer, he has been listing them on ebay from time to time. Sugest telling him what you want, and to negotiate the best price. Loading requires 2R film, which is getting harder to find except on large qty special order for many stocks. The film has to be wound emulsion out, onto a small special core, so you may have to build a jig or two. :o

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

Paralinx LLC

Willys Widgets

Glidecam

Tai Audio

CineLab

The Slider

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport