1 reply to this topic

#1 Mario C. Jackson

Mario C. Jackson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Student

Posted 31 October 2005 - 03:39 PM

Hey guys I really want to be cinematographer and shoot big shows. I have asked this question millions of times but never on cinematography.com.... But how have some of you guys become dp's? what routes did you take? and what advise can you give me?
Thanks
Mario C. Jackson

#2 Ram Shani

Ram Shani
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • isreal

Posted 01 November 2005 - 03:33 PM

hi

im in this from the age 15 when i got into high school and accepted to the film&tv program i didnt know that i want to be dp but i feel in love of being filmmaking all 4 years i did nothing but films

at age 18 every one goes to the army and i was lucky to get in to the IDF video department. there for 3 years i shot alot of documentry staf and meet with the bigest dp in israel how came for short time wich called "miloeim" to make commercials and big budget army production there i discaverd the "american cinematographer " magazin and know thats what i want to do with my life. after 3 years i got to the best film school in israel "sam spigel film schooll" 4 years latter affter shot meny school project i start to shoot music videos lowbudget commrcials and three monthe ago i got to shoot 12 episode prime time doc-art

here in israel its very hard only 10-20 films a year at list 5 of them co-prodactions with dp from euro

but i cant see my self do enything but shooting !!!!!

oh i forgot i am merrid and have 2 kids
i am 31 and have long way to go
same times my wife said to me she wish i love her as much i love cinenatography :D

read as much as you can ,go to good film school ,learn learn, learn, all your life wach films wach films

make films, make conections, dream

WORK HARD

ram

Edited by ramdop, 01 November 2005 - 03:36 PM.

CineLab

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Metropolis Post

rebotnix Technologies

CineTape