need opinions/suggestions/reccomendations

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jimmy g

jimmy g
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2005 - 08:56 PM

Lookin to buy first digital camercorder. I found a used sony dcr VX1000 which doesnt seem too bad. But I was wondering if anyone can reccomend a good camera to fool around with just shooting different stuff like shorts, and docs. I'd probably be buying a used one and have a little less than a grand to spend. thank you.

#2 dancordle

dancordle
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Director

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:21 PM

Lookin to buy first digital camercorder. I found a used sony dcr VX1000 which doesnt seem too bad. But I was wondering if anyone can reccomend a good camera to fool around with just shooting different stuff like shorts, and docs. I'd probably be buying a used one and have a little less than a grand to spend. thank you.

The older panasonic ag-dvx100 are still great cameras to have. They are cheaper to buy than the dvx100A's and newer models. They can be bought at a resonable price and the images they produce at 24p can look pretty good on a small screen.

#3 Jay Gladwell

Jay Gladwell
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Miami, FL

Posted 01 November 2005 - 06:50 AM

Gee, with less than $1,000 you're going to be pretty limited (I would think). What level of experience do you have as a cameraman? How familiar are you with operating video cameras?

Jay

#4 jimmy g

jimmy g
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2005 - 04:44 PM

I have only been using digital cameras, mostly canons (gl-1,xl-1)and panasonics, some sony's since sept of 2000. Im more or less looking for a good bang for your buck mini dv camera for miscellaneous family activities and good function for amateur projects.

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

Visual Products

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine