#1 J. Anderson

J. Anderson

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Other

Posted 06 November 2005 - 02:07 AM

I am brand new to this field and just starting out so excuse my lack of information on this new solid state camcorder. I would like to ask a few questions on the operation of this unit:
(1) Instead of using the P2 cards I would like to use the new upcoming Focus Enhancements FS-100, can I
play back the HD signal straight from the FS-100 into a HDTV for viewing?
(2) Can I transfer the data from the FS-100 into a computer hard drive for future viewing?
(3) Can I then burn this data to a DVD for future editing when Blu-Ray HD, etc. is available?
(4) In other words, what do I need to make this work like a plug and play camcorder at this time. I was going to purchase the JVC GY-HD100U camcorder and save the tapes for editing as experience increased. If I could do the same with the Ag-HVX200, I would be better ahead with the new P2 technology. Thanks in advance for your replies.

#2 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:11 AM

I am brand new to this field and just starting out so excuse my lack of information on this new solid state camcorder. I would like to ask a few questions on the operation of this unit:
(1) Instead of using the P2 cards I would like to use the new upcoming Focus Enhancements FS-100, can I
play back the HD signal straight from the FS-100 into a HDTV for viewing?
(2) Can I transfer the data from the FS-100 into a computer hard drive for future viewing?
(3) Can I then burn this data to a DVD for future editing when Blu-Ray HD, etc. is available?
(4) In other words, what do I need to make this work like a plug and play camcorder at this time. I was going to purchase the JVC GY-HD100U camcorder and save the tapes for editing as experience increased. If I could do the same with the Ag-HVX200, I would be better ahead with the new P2 technology. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi,

At the moment HVX 200 is not sold in shops so its difficult to know for sure what will actually work.
Hopefully the FS-100 will work well with the HVX 200 and the editing software of your choice when they are delivered.
There are some answered questions on this forum, for which we are waiting for answers from Panasonic. You may wish to read the Panasonic P2 thread, it runs to 7 pages but is very interesting.

Stephen

Edited by Stephen Williams, 06 November 2005 - 06:14 AM.

Opal

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

CineLab

The Slider

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Glidecam

Visual Products

Technodolly

Rig Wheels Passport

Gamma Ray Digital Inc