#1 RobM

RobM

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Student

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:03 PM

I am shooting with the Varicam this weekend and will be shooting footage with projected video in the shot. I wanted to use the variable framerates of the Varicam to compensate for the video flicker effect. However, if I shoot at different speeds in the same scene will I be able to capture them into FCP and edit them on the same timeline at normal speed? I am okay with shooting this entire scene at a different framerate then the rest of film if necessary but the question still remains if I can use both framerates at normal speed when editing in FCP. I will use seperate tapes just to be safe. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Rob

#2 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11934 posts
  • Other

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:19 PM

Hi,

It seems to me that you're making life unusually difficult for yourself. Varicam has a clearscan function designed for what you're talking about, although like any such function it can't ever be perfect. If you're using an LCD projector, you'll probably be fine; DLP projectors also seem to be OK, but instinct tells me to be much more careful with them, particularly single-chip types.

You could try messing with framerates, but of course it'll end up being either slower or faster on the timeline; that's what the variable frame rates are for.

Phil

Aerial Filmworks

Willys Widgets

CineLab

Tai Audio

Ritter Battery

Wooden Camera

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

The Slider

CineTape

rebotnix Technologies